For many dudes, shopping is a chore. I know this from being the younger sister of a stubborn brother who thinks dressing up is wearing a Nike Polo with an Oregon “O” on it. But a few staple pieces that can be transitioned from season to season are all you really need. Dark denim, tees you can live in, and a few fashionable items thrown in will add versatility and longevity to your wardrobe.
Here’s a few of my favorite items you can swoop up locally:
1. A good pair of jeans is worth its weight in gold. This pair from Lizard Lounge is ideal, with a medium dark wash and great cut. These can be dressed up or down and worn with just about anything. Jean Shop, Style: Mens Rocker $265
2. On sale at Blackbird, these RVCA jeans have a looser fit, and can be rolled up for all the bikers out there. RVCA Denim $36.99
3. Lizard Lounge’s Wolverine Boot is an all season staple. The dapper sales associate was rockin’ his with a slim pair of jeans and a casual tee. Made in a chocolate brown or black, this is a boot worth investing in. Wolverine Boot $325
4. Guys can never have enough basic T-shirts. This one is extra soft and great for throwing on in a hurry. Lizard Lounge, Levi Strauss T-Shirt $95
5. To put it bluntly, Cargo shorts go from bad to worse with each extra pocket. Quicksilver got it right with these basic shorts, available in a variety of shades and at an affordable price. Do yourself a favor and get these. Lizard Lounge, Quicksilver $49
6. Tanner Goods custom belts are made right here Portland, and will last forever. Go in and pick out the style, leather, snaps, and hardware for a truly one of kind accessory. Shown above is the “Standard Belt” starting at $84
7. Summer is in full swing, and these RVCA Swim Trunks make it easy to look good on the water. Shown in cool grey, and on sale now at Blackbird $36.99
8. Harding & Wilson Bow Ties are locally crafted, made from Pendleton Wool, and not to mention a sure lady killer. Pay homage to the days of Humphrey Bogart and Cary Grant when dressing like a gentleman was expected. This is one fashion classic that will never go out of style. Wear to a summer wedding and you’ll definitely impress your date. Lizard Lounge, Harding & Wilson $100
Get the best of the Mercury each week in your inbox!