As the weather warms up (yay!) there are a few things one might need to pack on fun filled day to the river. Besides the usual suspects, like PBR and snacks, we can’t forget about sunscreen, chic accessories, and the perfect swimsuit. Here are my picks for your next sunny day adventure:
click to shop!
1. City Sunscreen Serum by Supergoop! This serum contains SPF 30 and is lightweight, yet effective. I admit I’m not always the best at applying sunscreen daily, but this totes seems manageable. Available at b-glowing.com (where I—full disclosure—just started working as a graphic designer, giving me a bird's eye view of the latest in boutique beauty products).
2. Straw hat fedora by Pinkham Millinery. A slight '40s glam vibe with an added benefit of shielding your skin from harsh rays seems like a no-brainer to me. Add a retro one piece suit, and oversized sunnies for the complete beach babe look.
3. Local brand Shwood hand crafts each pair of shades, and has just debuted their latest style, The Florence. Don’t you like her?
4. Handmade in Columbia this super colorful tote would make even Rainbow Bright jealous. It’s the perfect bag to jazz up an lbb (little black bikini) available at Alder & Co.
6. Jawbone’s Jambox is small but mighty. Pumping out mega sound, from just a little speaker, this handy gadget connects to your Iphone or portable listening device through Bluetooth! It’s pretty awesome, and comes in lots of great colors click here for more deets.
Get the best of the Mercury each week in your inbox!