Queen Bee has recently expanded their retail store to include apparel, accessories, and home goods by local and regional designers and redesigned their website, and to celebrate they are hosting a party today from 5-9PM. Tons of fun will be had at this event, which will include:
- The launch of their Fall/Winter 2013 collection of locally made bags, accessories, and home textiles.
- Raffle for $25, $50 and $100 gift certificates to the Queen Bee shop, as well as donated items from other great neighborhood shops such as MyOptic, Las Primas, and Bike Bar.
- Kids craft table with a make-your-own-magnet from Queen Bee die cut shapes (free).
- Design-your-own case with Rebecca - choose from many different design elements to make something totally unique for yourself or a gift ($25 each).
- Snacks & drinks including tastings of delicious Dragonfly Chai.
- Trunk shows and specials from jewelry designers Moss Handmade and Wonderlust.
- Supportland card holders get 100 points for purchases made during the event, plus a chance to win free tickets to the next Back Fence PDX storytelling event.
All this, plus visitors (at any time, not just at the party) can see the Queen Bee employees working behind the scenes cutting, prepping, shipping, designing, and sewing, which is a great way to instill to the customer that local design and production is possible in Portland.
Get the best of the Mercury each week in your inbox!